Monday, January 12, 2015

Bird of Paradise

Soft like a child's contented sigh, free like the sky above its flight
a jewel and marvel for the eye and mind to behold
a majestic Bird of Paradise roams the longings in the visions of my dreams.

Silence everywhere the colour of velvet mist hangs uneasy on my breath.
I hear a song far away whose melody and rhythm feel heavy to my steps.
Far, far away, I hear your voice reaching for my faltering smile.

The Bird of Paradise dips its wings into a torrent waterfall that echoes your shadow's call.
Where did the horizon go, where is the sun, where the comfort of the bright moon?

Night falls heavy like a metal sound and doubt like a dying fire fills our questions with endless smoke.
Will our friendship survive all the turbulent changes, or will indifference win in the end?
Words do not come easy, seem to freeze into a blinded blur where before was warmth and hope.

Time slows like drying glue on a fractured clock.
I wait, you wait, uneasy passengers on a strained ride home.
We are friends, will we be at the end of this dark road?

Trudi Ralston.
January 12th, 2014.
For our very troubled times.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment