Monday, December 19, 2016

Sugar Plum Reverie

Soft snow on the ground, fluffy, bright to the eye's delight,
as night turns to day, and the snow's palette adds a touch of cheer
to the grey clouds above.

Christmas lights sparkle gold and clear, red candles fragrant with cinnamon
and pomegranate scent, stockings hung by a cozy fire, presents teasing underneath
the tree heavy with sparkling ornaments of all kind, dolphins, starfish, smiling snowmen.

Music gently wrapping itself around my heart, " I'll be home for Christmas, ...
if only in my dreams..." reaches my mood and I see you, so far away in the spirit world.
Are you okay, are you sad? I miss you still and wonder why you never let us know
the way you were pushed aside. Your silence haunts me.



I remember the sugar plum fairy's dance and song, sweet to my child's innocent view,
warm and safe we were always with you, and now my home here is warm and safe, too.
I know you are pleased with that, we just never knew the sugar had  salt mixed in with it,
as children we could not see the shadows cast around the sweetness of the treats.

You were given a raw deal, the queen of your heart made sure of that.
A king without a kingdom, betrayed and left, the stage set for your tragedy,
Lear a beautiful name for such sadness and lonely misery.


May your heart and soul find solace way up there where the stars shine beyond the sleeping trees.
I know your sorrow will always stay with me.
Merry Christmas, papa, you are welcome here.


Trudi Ralston.
December 19th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment