Monday, August 3, 2015

The Recipe

If I give everything I have, everything I am, was and can be,
will it stretch my soul far and wide enough for you to see its light coming through?

If I swallow the words I want to scream, and chew them quietly like my morning cereal,
will your words find a way to my heart, and will I be able to listen without choking on their silence?

If you give everything you have, everything you are, were and can be,
will it stretch your soul far and wide enough for me to see its light coming through?

If time could slow down just for a while, and help us find the smiles we dropped like crumbs
along its path, would it be enough to see tomorrow's river touching our searching steps?

If for one moment we could reach up to the stars above our nights, and touch their fire
would they lead us back to the dreams we tossed up in to the sky like sparkling dust for our eyes?

Soft like a summer's breeze, our steps together mark their prints in destiny's sigh
and together we walk, together we search, for that dawn where all hesitation falls away.

A touch of pepper, a pinch of salt, I think this dinner turned out allright.
The candle is lit, its lilac scent delights the moon watching over the story of our lives.


Trudi Ralston.
August 3rd, 2015. 










No comments:

Post a Comment