Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Waterfall

Rushing its thunderous waters across a deep gorge
the waterfall surges its white foam across rainbows and stars.

Unafraid of the deep fall its descent requires,
it delights in birds dancing along its alluring songs.

Boulders smooth their rough edges to please its travel
and the sun's light adds sparkle to its searing path.

Standing at the waterfall's edge, my soul spreads its wings
losing all fear in its hurling speed down to where I can take flight.

There is no time, there is no past, no future to behold,
there's only the waterfall and me holding on to my dreams
that crash like laughter into the river below, strong and free.

It does not matter it will take such effort to walk
up to the waterfall again, stumbling, bleeding along the way.

Just to be up there with the clouds again, and the cooling waterspray
erasing all doubt and pain, where I can roar with Neptune's kin.

The waterfall is where I long to be, even though I know it is a construct
of my mind, a way to get from here to where I can be me,
standing on my own with everywhere to reach and go.


Trudi Ralston.
April 5th, 2016.  

No comments:

Post a Comment