Sunday, July 17, 2016

Angry Angle

I see what is happening, I see it so clearly.
You are trying to take my voice, as were it a scarf I was wearing around my neck.
But I put it there. You cannot take it from me.
It keeps my soul and its dignity in place.

I see what you are doing, and it makes me very mad.
The voice you are trying to take from me is mine, and mine alone.
You cannot have it , not now, not ever, not even when I am no more.
I do not care if you do not like its tone or colour, no, I do not.

My voice is mine, it is not yours, not even for a damn minute.
The scream I contain is within my voice, you do not want to hear it,
of that you can be sure.
So, clear the space around my voice, my song, my breath,
for you are trespassing, my foe, my friend.

Do not distort this picture that is me, do not tear its corners
because it is where I reside, and the voice you hear is clear
and strong and true.
It is telling you, this voice is mine, you shall not have it.
Its music, its whispers, its laughter and its roar are mine
to share, to show, free, proud, it is my own.


Trudi Ralston.
July 17th, 2016.  

No comments:

Post a Comment