Friday, October 5, 2012

Bliss

It is late Friday afternoon, warm, sunny, not a cloud in the brilliantly bright blue sky, and I am enjoying the sun, laying down on our deck, with our 12  year old kitty, Sneakers. I close my eyes and soak in the warmth of the sun on my face, the tickle of my hair being tossed gently  by a sweet breeze, the slow snoring sounds of our old kitty, the happy sound of our patio chimes,... ah, time is standing still right now. It feels so good. It reminds me of my happy childhood memories, when time was a commodity in abundant supply. Time to simply be. I let a contented sigh escape me, and look up at the gorgeous expanse of sky. Not bad for October 5th. All the flowers are still blooming, my red rose is actually putting out two more blooms. It is hard to believe that we ever had 3 feet of snow on the ground last winter. If summer decides to stick around longer, fine by me! That is one thing about summer, no one seems to mind if it sticks around. I don't think most people feel the same way about winter. So for now, for this glorious half hour in early October, I am. I simply am. Instead of this constant doing, going, here,there, for a brief moment in time, I am part of this quiet, blissful afternoon, together with my sweet cat, who I am hoping is enjoying sharing this moment with me as much as I am enjoying sharing it with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment