Thursday, June 19, 2014

Cloud Whispers

Noiselessly, your wavy oceans drift above me, soft as silk
to the feel of my eye.

Music box to wishful dreams, the sky draws rhythmic curves
of white into your expanse.

I look up giving wings to my earthbound sighs as a Bald Eagle
dances luxuriously through your airy mind.

Giant blue, your soul flits past me, past the cotton gowns
you parade like a king before my longing heart.

I join you, my feet hesitant on the hot grass,
and surrender to the white fire blowing on my trembling face.

Flutes and mountains, dragons full of rage
Laughing children cavorting on your soft woolly belly.

The sun drenching us in its blaze, the cloud symphony
slows down, just long enough for a contented cry.

Crashing, heavy with the coming rain inside, the cloud waves
ride above the quiet country side, and just for a moment
bewitch the merry go round of human time.

Trudi Ralston.
June 19th, 2014.
for D.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment