Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Soft Lines

The rain whispers its echo of liquid sighs
leaving shadows without silhouettes.
I feel its scent glide across my eyes
in touches of moss and light.

It does not matter today how far away you are
the past holds no bitter seeds to be mixed in
with the sweet of your presence in my beating heart.
Today time tap dances gracefully with no stumbles or sharp turns.

How can I stop smiling when you are around each corner
painting shy pastels wherever harsh colours might hide?
I hear you laugh like glass shattering on a marble floor
as you teach me how to skate across the forest of my dreams.

Lines crisscrossing on a sheet of paper the size of the endless sky
life moves in circles with a beat and wings no one really understands.
Scattering, gathering, beads looking for the string that will hold it all together,
you and I move in colours and shapes far deeper than the rhythm and the dance.

Family blood lines etched alongside the bonds of camaraderie
the Atlantic and Pacific oceans both a glue and a song,
the future, the past, the now, shells curvy and strong singing on
the beaches where our ships gather to rest and feast.  


Trudi Ralston.
March 25th, 2015. 


No comments:

Post a Comment