Saturday, April 8, 2017

Where ?

Oh, where do you keep coming from,
and what are you running from.
as you once more come calling to the land of my nighttime dreams?

You have lived in the spirit world for some time now,
but here you were pacing restlessly, asking me to talk to you,
asking me to meet you somehow.

You haven't changed in all those forty plus years,
your eyes still full of honey clear light, your hair still black and bright,
and your scent still carries the roar of the ocean at night.

So, where you do keep coming from, what are you running from,
and what is making you so anxious now ?
I was barely no longer a child, but I loved you so, could not get through to you,
so why do you bring me flowers now, sweet pansies, purple and yellow,
tied with a pretty bow?

I cannot believe it now, that you are here still somehow,
that you want to be near right now, that you think of me now,
so far, far away of where I have been, so far away of where you are walking now.

So, where, where do you keep coming from, what are you running from,
as I can see you miss the child in me that looked at you so adoringly,
that hurt for you, and longed for you, barely old enough to blush at your coy smiles and bright mind.

I cannot believe it now, that you are still here somehow,
that I can hear your tenor voice calling me, that I can feel your hands touching mine,
that you are still wearing that red sweater and that blue jacket after all this time.

I went and smelled the rainsoaked pansies in yellow and purple in my backyard just now,
as the morning light chases away your presence and your song.
And where does time spent with you go, will you keep coming now?

Where, where do you keep coming from, what are we running from?
I know where time goes now, it gathers like dewdrops deep in the forest of our heart.
So that is where you should keep running to, and once in a while, I'll be waiting there for you.


Trudi Ralston.
April 8th, 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment