Thursday, February 26, 2015

Skin tight

My eyes reach for the quiet light in the pale morning sky
wondering if the silence that keeps us apart will ever fade to sound.

I breathe in the warm, soft air through the window of a new day
all around me people move to their destinations with rhythmic flair.

You feel skin tight pulsating invisibly through my thoughts and memories
as I walk away slowly from the chance to reach out and find my way.

My way back to a place where words came with ease and grace
now you are fading away and I am too tired to care.

Still, the pleasure of feeling you skin tight to my breath and scent
as your smile and intelligent eyes, the light touch of your hands

fall away, bring a small smile to my face, as I realize I miss you
even though you have run away, and even in my dreams

There is no trace of you, my footsteps sound hollow looking
for space and time that might show you coming back.

There is nothing left of you, but the heat of you 
skin tight wrapped all around my airy light loss of you.  


Trudi Ralston.
February 26th, 2015.
For A. T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment