Tuesday, February 24, 2015

When Everything Is Not Enough

I was thinking of you the other day, my mind wondering what you might say
as I recall the good times and the bad,
it sure is true, that love hurts
when everything you give is not enough.

We bravely sailed the storms and repaired any wrecks
tried very bravely to salvage what made it to shore
and it seemed it was to no avail, and all we did
was tear each other to shreds in our despair.

Oh, love hurts so bad
when everything you have to give is just not enough.

It looks like you found your way to another shore
figured out how to navigate a different approach,
and from your smile I can tell love no longer hurts
and that what you give is quite enough.

Because love for us sure hurt
since neither of what we had to give ever seemed to work.

I too found a way to get back home and navigate a safer shore
so, you can see my smile is returning to my face
as the sun finally has reappeared, and oh, love feels right
in every way.

Because love hurts way too much
when everything you have to give is not enough.

Trudi Ralston.
February 24th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment