Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Rage

Don't tell me who I am
don't tell me what I need
Just because you know my name
doesn't mean you can claim
my challenges,
my pain.

Don't tell me what to do
don't mock my weaknesses
Just because I talk to you
doesn't mean my energy
my heart
are yours.

Don't pretend to listen
I can see it in your blank eyes
that what I say
doesn't matter to you anyhow.

Let it go, let it go,
I belong to me,
so, if you want to, if you care
take my hand, gently, and

Listen, listen!
To my silence, to my tears,

And then I will feel justified
in sharing not just my physics
but my soul, my me!

Trudi Ralston
January 9th, 2013.

I wrote this poem for all those times that relationships with spouses, friends, neighbors, friends, children, in laws, people in general, drive us nuts with their addiction to control. Back off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment