Monday, February 24, 2014

River of Time

Rain rhythmically running alongside the music
playing in my car and heart.

Idir's s Ibeddel song warm and exotic
washes away the grey colours of the day.

Time is a river it seems, where hope and dreams
met with the ease of the river's water flowing by.

The electronic highways are busy these days
bumping my small barge of words around.

Now it is hard to find my way around
my words get lost like small cars

Getting stuck in the loops and noise
of the bigger cars and trucks rushing about.

The riverbanks no longer quiet, the words
and messages run around in circles.

Like fish trying to spawn, when time is running out
my words are dying as the noise of the electronic highways

Drowns out the music of the songs and dreams
my small vessel of poems tries to sing about.

Trudi Ralston.
February 24th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment