Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Space Around Me

The space around me is endless as the sea
A breath enormous at the bottom of my feet.

It allows me flight in an open glass like cocoon
Where I spread my arms and feet like da Vinci's

Vitruvian man, floating up to space above
Hendrik Marsman's " Heerscher ", my roaring song.

The space around me is endless as the sea
And there is plenty of room for everyone but me.

I dream, I sigh, I laugh and tumble about this universe
Of mine that I try not to let crumble under the weight

Of my heavy, solitary soul that cannot eat fast enough
The earth around me that pulls me to the ground.

As my feet search for the wings and power that will
Safely bring my heart and dreams to rest above the clouds.

Trudi Ralston.
February 13th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment