Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Dragonfly Eyes

It is wonderful to see in all directions
at the same time, free to see past the
bluest of skies, the darkest of nights.

The breeze sweet on my wings,
the air sheer and strong,
I can go wherever my sight allows.

The only thing that is a concern
is that no other compound eyes
are around, I can't seem to find
my fellow mosaic patterned friends
anywhere in light or storm.

It is what happens when you travel
so many shores with just one ticket
to come and go, and silence's flute
the one companion that does not
flinch in rest or flight.

Dragonfly eyes taking me wherever I go,
brilliant and deep, no stopping
the colours and movement they show.
How marvelous the perspective,
how unique the show that keeps me
wondering out here mesmerized, amazed
and always so far away from any familiar shore.  


Trudi Ralston.
December 23th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment