Saturday, August 6, 2016

Ripple Effect

Rivers have waters that can overcome you,
the wetness deceptive in its softness as it wears you down.
Your words ran me down like a wave coming out of nowhere,
leaving me shaken and cold, water pouring from the blue of your eyes
right into my unsuspecting soul.

Love's ripple effect without mercy pulling me under
no light or warmth to save my wound from bleeding now.
The scars searing in revulsion at the surprise of your contempt.
Love's ripple effect, so cruel when it has nothing left to tear apart,
but dignity and resolve. 

Prisoner with an open door, with a big sky above,
I let my anger pace with my humiliation, as you realize
just what you did, at least until the next time, so it goes.
Rivers have waters that can overcome you,
and so I shall overcome you, one river at a time.

Words, water, all washed away one more time under the bridge
where forgiveness meets courage, my naked soul shivering but proud,
I swim where you fear to wet your steps and reach for the shore ahead
as you slowly soften the sunset colours in your stoic gaze.


Trudi Ralston.
August 6th, 2016.
Amor omnia vincit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment