Monday, August 8, 2016

Sculpting Shadows

Sculpting shadows out of silk threads in my dreams,
I gather wet clay from the sky's clouds dripping 
their blue paints in heavy wishes and sighs. 

My breath a flute playing notes captured on the wind's games,
I call on birds to join the melody rehearsing in the sun
among the sunflowers whirring like belly dancers with tiny bells on their toes.

The clay figures emerging jump like eager gazelles up to the sparkling stars
as I stretch my wings and watch the shadows lining up their parade,
humming alongside my song with measured finesse.

Sculpting shadows out of silk threads in my dreams,
I gather wet clay from the clouds and the rippling rain
draping their blankets over a sleepy summer day.


Trudi Ralston.
August 8th, 2016.
" Dream until your dreams come true ":
Steven Tyler, 1973. 

No comments:

Post a Comment