Thursday, October 17, 2013

Broken Knife

Time goes around in circles
when it comes to you.

Like a clock on a long string,
going around and around again.

Now you see it, now you don't
your face drifts into the distance
and reappears,startling my sleep.

You never speak a word, you just
stare at my emptiness, wondering
why this never happened and happens
all the time.


Tick, tock, you are gone,
Tick, tock, are you here?

Oh, pull that knife out, would you,
and let me bleed out. I am so tired
looking for you.

Time goes around in circles
when it comes to you.

Ashes to ashes, you fall down.
ashes to ashes, I fall down.

You like how sunflowers smell
you liked my scent.

In the silent warmth of the light
of day, I wonder if you ever see
my longing in your dreams.

for JTW. Trudi Ralston
October 17th,2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment