Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blue

Jeanne Lohmann encouraged me to read a few poems at the readings of the Olympia Poetry Network of which I was a shy and somewhat reluctant participant, at the encouragement of my therapist a the time. Her encouragement led to me read some of my poems out loud, in front of an audience, for the first time in my life. I wrote this poem for her, to remember that moment she asked me to read some of my writing. I actually read this poem, too, with her permission, at the reading.

Blue

You looked at me, smiled.
I noticed your eyes, ablaze in blue.

Blue, a cornflower's petals
Against the sky.
Blue, a cabbage moth's wings
fanning summer's heat.

Blue pathways full of
Breath and light.

Like a benevolent breeze
On a most unlikely day
Your smile and blue eyes
Moved my soul, to the next spot
On the road, I wish to
Untangle, define.

Trudi Ralston
June 30th, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment