Saturday, September 27, 2014

Electric

Flying high past the grey skies, I go high up into the blue beyond,
the winds blowing in my hair and eyes.
I laugh as I fall upwards like an electric guitar sparkling and wild.

I sing loud with fingers and toes spread out imitating an eagle's roar
and pass above the buildings and trees below.
Nothing is stopping me now, it does not matter where I am going,

Or even where I have been, I have wings to keep me going,
don't call me, I am out of here, my high pitch screams
a song of freedom and soul repair.

Watch me, watch me falling upwards like a bullet in the sky
I am free, dancing high up here with the birds and clouds
and thunder, all is light and air around me.

Come up here with me, leave your fear behind, hold my hand
feel it tremble with the thrill of abandon as we laugh and cry,
soaring, soaring, free, strong, a burst of electricity here way up high. 


Trudi Ralston.
September 27th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment