Thursday, September 11, 2014

Double Lining.

Sighs bouncing crisply like dry autumn leaves
fall onto my beating heart's soft path.

Folded into the pleats of my breaths, like a sleeping moth
at ease, my solitude quietly slumbers on.

Only once in a while does it stir and lets fear agitate its fragile wing
as I tiptoe away from the screams I cannot bear.

Double lining muffling the despair, I wait until the uncertainty fades,
and the pause button lets up, bringing movement back to its easy pace.

Few sleep with their goblins, a cautious friend said about me once.
I smile and walk towards the summer's sunny breeze.

After all, Geertrui, my Flemish name, does mean the brave one
with the spear. Fear is just a bit of spice mixed in with my story

and my dreams.


Trudi Ralston
September 11th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment