Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Spider Silk

Tenuous bridges across shaky breaths and fingers
as the daylight fades into the shadow play of night.

I run into a spiderweb my eyes failed to see and struggle
to free my hair from its sticky threads, impressed with
her handiwork's effectiveness and strength.

I think of how with patience and cautious use of time
our friendship too, though invisible at first,
like a spider's silk, can grow strong to cling to fiber and heart.

Distance, and suspicion fading in the pattern of the sturdy web,
our connection grows slowly stronger, more rhythmic and sings
a muted but audible song, not unlike the excited moth nearing
the spider's home.

Resistance trembling as it flies into the spider's silk, my feet
walk towards the moment where you and I will meet,
afraid no more of the stranger to each other we might still be.

Spider silk will guide us, silently, patiently, onto that web
so beautiful that will bind us to its spell where a look, a smile
like a drumbeat will let us know the void has been traversed from two to one.


Trudi Ralston.
September 24th, 2014.
Friendship is a dance of chance, will, and in some cases, destiny.

1 comment:

  1. You need to join in a contest first of the finest blogs on the web. I most certainly will suggest this site! This Site

    ReplyDelete