Monday, December 20, 2021

The Transparent Wing - L'Aile Transparente : dans la serie "The Flute and the Echo/ La Flute et l'Echo"

These are a series of poems, in English and French, that reflect the tension at times in my soul, to try to embrace the duality of my poet's heart, caught between two continents, two storylines, in a world that insists on it, insists on struggle and contradiction of both circumstances and vision:

Ceci sera une serie de poemes, en anglais et francais, qui refletent la tension des fois dans mon ame, qui essaie d'embrasser la dualite de mon coeur de poete, pris entre deux continents, deux histoires, dans un monde qui y insiste, qui insiste sur la lutte et la contradiction de circonstances et vision:


The Transparent Wing

How do I see it, this thing that trips me up? How do I know where it is anymore? I cannot feel it scrape in the wind, or rain, or snow, as it sees right through me, pale as a winter's dawn. 

How do I hold it, where does it attach, where do I fold it, underneath my heart or between the layers of my pride, my fear, or do I hold it in my hands, and plead with the sun to warm its trembling?

                                                                       * * * * * * * * * * 

This wing, this solitary wing, so transparent, so alone, that cannot fly without its mate, that lies asleep somewhere on another continent, that I call to come and mend its echo, that cannot reach the sky. 

What words do I craft, to reach on fleeting clouds, the other half of my soul, this other wing, that seems so strong, that flew off on its own? How do I mend, how do I bend, time and space, to fly united, to fly free?

 

L'Aile Transparente

Comment le voir, cette chose qui me bouscule? Comment savoir ou elle se trouve? Je ne ressens pas son bruit dans le vent, ou la pluie, ou la neige, comme elle me voit nue, comme l'aurore en hiver. 

Comment je la tiens, ou est - ce qu'elle s'attache, ou est - ce que je la plie, en dessous de mon coeur, ou entre les couches de ma fierte, ma peur, ou est - ce que je la replie dans mes mains, et implore le soleil de lui chauffer son tremblement?

                                                                       * * * * * * * * * * 

Cette aile, cette aile solitaire, si transparente, si seule, qui ne peut pas voler sans son camarade, qui dort quelque part sur un autre continent, que j'appelle de venir et guerir son echo, qui ne sait atteindre le ciel.  

Quels mots creer, pour atteindre sur des nuages fuyants, l'autre part de mon ame, cette autre aile, qui parait si fort, qui s'est envolee solitaire? Comment guerir, comment plier, le temps et l'espace, pour voler unie, pour voler libre?


Trudi Ralston


For my Berber family in Kabylie, Algeria, for my family in Washington State and Texas, for my family in Belgium and my friends in Morocco and France:

Pour ma famille berbere en Kabylie, Algerie, pour ma famille a Washington State et le Texas, pour ma famille en Belgique et pour mes amis au Maroc et en France:

 Lemnouer Khaled, Rac Adrar, Issaad Issaadi, Nacer Amari, Katia Djabri, Djamil Diboune, Kurt Lolo,  Ghassane Anki, Malika Anki, Aokas Bejaia Tourisme, Walid Allal, Myriam Nys, Nele Nys, Beatrice Vanhee, Carine Beuselinck - Sabbe, Chester Baldwin II, Daniel Jess Graham, Logan Graham, Chris Siler, Dr. Driss Ouaouicha, Filip De Waele, Filip Porteman, Kari Hashirama, Jennifer Dunn, Karim Amroun, Catherine Bouchacourt, Barbara Mulley, Michael Ralston, Nicholas Ralston, Daewessu Salah, Maitre Rachid Oulebsir.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment