Tuesday, January 2, 2018

One Step Away

Just one moment away from that step of midair despair,
one foot up, the other searching for a hold in the dense winter fog.
One breath in, full of stubborn hope, the other out, cold and clear.

One step away from reaching out, reaching up, to where I can see
your hand looking for mine in the grey of winter's doubt,
one moment, of sadness turning into courage, one moment
of deciding to go forward on that solitary path, where you might be.

Just one moment away from that step that will seek the light,
one foot up, the other finding solid, fertile ground and sunshine inside.
One smile, full of warm determination, that will let me meet the vast sky in your eyes.

One step at a time, strong and certain, no turning back, no hesitation,
my hands open, walking forward towards that valley you told me about,
one moment, one voice, one song that shows the way to a brighter day,
melodies of belonging to yesterday, today and tomorrow.

One step away, one step closer, day by day, I can see you walking towards me,
I can hear your voice calling me, it echoes like a warm fire through my heart and blood.
Hope is a Berber song of  timeless beauty coming to me when no one is around. 


Trudi Ralston.

" In an inertial frame of reference, an object either remains at rest
or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force. "
Newton's first law of motion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment